Theology for the Long Haul


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An Interesting Post on Pseudonymity by one of My Prof's

Although I do not think any of the New Testament books (letters, histories, etc) are pseudonimous (for various reasons... which we can get into in the comments section of anyone is interested), I appreciate Dr. Byron's insights and honesty. The fact that he can say, "I'm not sure" on such a hot issue impresses me. It reveals that Dr. Byron is more interested in finding out the truth, than impressing his peers. I also appreciated his reflection on contemporary guilds and publishing houses. How do we fix this? Dr. Byron thinks that refusing to make issues like this one a litmus test for orthodoxy is a start. What do you think?

Read the article here...
http://thebiblicalworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/pseudonymity-and-new-testament-problem.html

If you want to read more from Dr. Byron I have his link (The Biblical World) listed under "Blogs I Follow"

No comments:

Post a Comment